Reports to: Chef Manager
Classification: Full time, hourly pay
Starting wage: Based on experience + Tips
Required Years of Experience: none
As a Counter Server, you will be an integral part of the guest experience. From taking orders, explaining the menu, to serving food and checking up on guests, you will be empowered to make decisions to create the best experience for our guests. At Milu, our service style is casual, friendly, and professional. You will report to the Chef Manager as well as the Owners, and you will be responsible to work with our entire team to uphold Milu’s core values.
• Greet guests and resolve any complaints or guest issues.
• Operate POS register to complete customer transactions. Learn and maintain knowledge of our menu to effectively communicate with our guests.
• Set up and break down dining room and outdoor area.
• Maintain cleanliness of the service counter and restock utensils, napkins, beverages.
• Maintain cleanliness of dining room, outdoor dining area, and the bathroom. Take out trash, bus and clean tables and chairs.
• A team player with a positive can-do attitude
• Quick and adaptable learner
• Excellent and collaborative communication skills
• Food, restaurant, or service experience preferred
• Ability to read and comprehend information at a close range, and follow instructions accurately and efficiently
• Ability to use electronic systems, such as computers and tablets.
• Physically able to lift up to 25 pounds and, stand for long periods of time
• Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
• Subject to exposure to cleaning chemicals
• Competitive wages
• A friendly, positive, and professional work environment, with a welcoming and supportive team
• A great learning environment with direct interactions with the Owners
• Staff meals
• Paid time off
• Health insurance
Opening in the heart of Manhattan—just blocks from Madison Square Park—Milu is a lively hub for friends, family, and neighbors who share a passion for Chinese cuisine. Milu was born of an enthusiastic exploration of Chinese regional cuisines and a desire to share the flavors we came to love. Our menu is personal, reflecting memories of childhood, travel, and beloved family recipes. Refined by our many years in fine dining and hospitality, Milu is a collective return to the comforting dishes we love to make, eat, and share